Can you Picture Yourself Working in Devon? Photo Competition to Show How Devon Delivers for Business Launches Today2nd June, 2014
Businesses across Devon are being asked to get creative and share photos that picture what doing business in Devon means to them in a new Devon County Council competition that launches today.
The Devon Delivers competition is challenging companies across the county to take a photo that will show how great it is working in Devon to be in with a chance to win two tickets to a production at Plymouth’s Theatre Royal.
The competition has a serious message for companies across the UK and beyond: Devon is a place where businesses thrive and the natural choice for any business looking to relocate.
Businesses of all shapes and sizes and from any sector are being asked to upload their photo to the Devon Delivers Facebook page www.facebook.com/DevonDelivers by Friday 13th June. People will then be asked to vote for the winner by “liking” their favourite image.
Voting will be open from today through to Wednesday 18th June. The business behind the photo with the most “likes” will win two tickets to the theatre, so don’t forget to add the business name in the caption.
Photos can include people, places, workplaces, creative spaces or anything that a company, team or individual feels shares something unique and special about working in Devon.
There’s certainly a wide scope of scenarios to choose from: with one of the fastest growing economies in the UK, Devon is home to world class, innovative businesses that cross all sectors, from manufacturing to marine industries and creative services. Many workplaces are set in stunning surroundings, with Devon’s cities, coastline and national parks providing a diverse range of backdrops for businesses.
Councillor Andrew Leadbetter, Devon County Council Cabinet member for Economy and Growth, comments: “We know that the people who can best show how great it is to work and live in Devon are the people already doing it. Devon Delivers is already helping companies across the UK recognise what our county has to offer. We have nearly 700,000 people working in our county: now we want them to share what they think is great too and help spread the message that Devon is a great choice for businesses.”
Any business based in Devon can enter and taking part is easy:
- Devon County Council is asking businesses across the county to share what’s great about working in Devon.
- Business of all shapes and sizes and from any sector are asked to take a photograph that will share how Devon Delivers for business. Photos can include people, places, workplaces, creative spaces, or anything that a company, team or individual feels shares something unique and special about living and working in Devon.
- Each business or individual can submit up to a maximum of five photographs.
- Entrants must be 16 years old or above.
- You need to make sure that you have the permission of the people, business and places (if necessary) that are featured in the photograph.
- Photos should be posted onto the Devon Delivers Facebook Page www.facebook.com/DevonDelivers.
- Don’t forget to include your company name in the caption (unfortunately, unattributed photos will be removed from the competition).
- Entrants must be submitted by 13th June 2014 and the winner will be announced on 19th June 2014.
- Winning entries will be decided by a public vote: the photograph with the most Facebook likes will be declared the winner.
- The winning entry will be used to promote Devon as a great place to do business.
- The entrant who submits the winning photo will receive two tickets to see a production at the Theatre Royal, Plymouth. These tickets can be used for any performance between Monday to Thursday, subject to availability. (There’s no cash alternative.)
- Please check out the full competition rules for more details, which are available at http://bit.ly/RFNNQJ